Saturday, July 21, 2007

When Life Gives You Lemons

Make lemonade, 0r maybe a lemon cake stand.

I recently came across the site Happy Tiers on The Daily Stroll and just LOVED their product, so the other day when I came across this Isaac Mizrahi plate at Target for just 78 cents, I just couldn't resist and had to make one for myself or rather my son, Sean. He's been wanting to have a lemonade stand this summer to make some extra spending money, and after a bit of research we were able to get a free lemonade stand, courtesy of Sunkist



and he even got $10 in start-up capital, plus cups, napkins a tablecloth and signage from Umpqua Banks "How To Be a Lemonaire" program. Inc. magazine has a list of 10 things to make the coolest lemonade stand. And to teach him the value of philanthropy, a portion of Sean's profits will be going to Alex's Lemonade Stand.

We were planning on having the lemonade stand today, but Mother Nature didn't cooperate, so now we're looking ahead to August. One of the things I'm most excited about is making one of these adorable lemon sandwich boards for Molly to wear:


No comments: